As its your first day in our TSM School, please choose your seat and tighten your belt and be ready. Today we will introduce you to IBM Tivoli Storage Manager & its primary functions.
TSM is the primary backup & data management solution used into the enterprise today. TSM has a tough competition in the SMB mainly due to its cost, as its an enterprise solution. In the other hand, its a clear winner when it come to the enterprise for many reasons just summarizing few of them below:
1- TSM Can easily scale up to thousands of nodes without any problem. It has been designed with enterprise scalability in mind. Most other backup solutions fail to scale up after couple of hundreds of nodes, but with TSM scalability is a major advantage.
2- IBM Tivoli Storage manager support heterogeneous environment. It support so many platforms including (Mainframe (zOS & Linux), AIX, Linux, HP UX, Windows,….etc). It support way more operating systems & applications than any other backup solution in the market today.
3- TSM have many intelligent date movement and store techniques, that make building a hierarchical backup & a pyramid of muli-level storage a feasible task. Something which can be very difficult to achieve with other solutions.
4- It’s an off-site backup ready, which can be used to build up a disaster recovery plan.
Plenty of other reasons are there, check out with your IBM Partner or IBM website to find out if TSM is the right solution for you. For now let’s start diving into the product.
For Today We will Cover three Sections:
First Section: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Components
Second Section: IBM TSM Functions & Capabilities
Third Section: TSM Licensing
2 Responses to 'IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Introduction (Day1)'
Leave a Reply
Eiad Al-Aqqad, VCDX#89
VMware Canada PSO
- Backup Solutions (3)
- Blades (2)
- IBM Blades (2)
- Data Migration (2)
- EMC (1)
- VPLEX (1)
- How to (1)
- Management Software (5)
- Problem resolutions (0)
- Storage (21)
- Tips & Tricks (7)
- Tivoli (22)
- Tutorials (11)
- VMware (6)
- Iwan: hi… I can not re-install smi-s agent on server windows 2003, I`ve been search the registry but still...
- sindhu: hello sir,i am doing my b.tech 3rd year (e.c.e) i am intrested in doing this tsm course .is this course will...
- CR7: Hi EIAD, I couldnt figure out where to post this doubt of mine, so im just posting it here.Please help out if...
- Errol: I’m using a clean install of windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with the latest build of Thinapp 5.1.0-2079447....
- arun: Is that tsm is growing and good field
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Should Virtual Tape Library have a place in your backup strategy?
- Tivoli TSM guide to securing VMware: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager & VMware Consiledated Backup (VCB) I hope these...
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: TSM
- Should Virtual Tape Library have a place in your backup strategy?
- Symantec Backup Exec StarWind Virtual Tape Library Integration
- Comparing Online Backup Services
- Veeam & PHD Virtual comparison
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager support for VADP
- StarWind is Named a Finalist in The Storage Awards 2012
- PHD Virtual Monitor Review
- vSphere manual Disaster Recovery failback when using VMware SRM
- Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN