IBM Tivoli Storage Manager has plenty of Terms which many of them can be new to new comers. Below is the largest list of TSM Terms I had ever come across. If you have a term not listed below, please leave it in comments. If you had seen a larger list let us know about it as well.
Administrative Client: A program that is used to manage the TSM server.
API : Application Program Interface.
Backup-Archive Client: A program that allows backup and recovery of data.
Client (TSM client): A TSM managed node.
GUI: Graphical User Interface.
LAN: Local Area Network.
Navigation Tree: An expandable menu that shows directory structures.
Node (Managed Node): A workstation or file server with the client installed.
SAN: Storage Area Network.
Select Action Menu: Drop-Down menu or expandable text box menu in the administration center.
Server (TSM Server): A program that manages Tivoli Storage Manager functions.
Storage Agent: A program that allows backup and recovery on a SAN.
WAN: Wide Area Network.
Leave a Reply
Eiad Al-Aqqad, VCDX#89
VMware Canada PSO
- Backup Solutions (3)
- Blades (2)
- IBM Blades (2)
- Data Migration (2)
- EMC (1)
- VPLEX (1)
- How to (1)
- Management Software (5)
- Problem resolutions (0)
- Storage (19)
- Tips & Tricks (7)
- Tivoli (22)
- Tutorials (11)
- VMware (6)
- azhar: Really useful information Eiad THanks
- Mihai: thanks for the info Chip, very useful commands. starting from your example here we are another select: SELECT...
- MikeD: very helpful – but i hope we never need this precedure… thanks
- srinivas: Thanks for sharing such good article it is very useful to me. ch srinivas
- admin: How deeps is your pocket I guess ? Enjoy, Eiad
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: TSM
- How to Videos: Install IBM Systems Director 6 Common Agent on AIX | How to Install IBM Systems Director 6 Common...
- 8.3. Microsoft vShadow Transaction Consistent Database Cloning to a different server: Back to: IBM Tivoli Storage...
- Comparing Online Backup Services
- Veeam & PHD Virtual comparison
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager support for VADP
- StarWind is Named a Finalist in The Storage Awards 2012
- PHD Virtual Monitor Review
- vSphere manual Disaster Recovery failback when using VMware SRM
- Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN
- PHD Virtual Backup and Replication for VMware vSphere Review
- VMware ThinAPP Antivirus Best Practices