If you’re new to IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (IBM TSM from here on), you may be curious as to why there’s so much love for this particular method of data storage and backup. Well, there are several reasons for this, that should illuminate its benefits and the various features putting it ahead of the competition.
Backup is probably one of the two main reasons people look into data storage management software, and this is arguably one of IBM TSM’s strongest features. IBM have implemented what they call a “revolutionary” progressive incremental backup system, that allows you to continuously backup new and changed files, while the old ones are kept as as single copy. Not only is this faster, it saves space, and you’ll soon find that it means you can restore backups and sift through backup data without the hassle of digging through countless identical copies of the same file.
Of course, if you’re backing up data on a regular basis, it’s arguable that you’ll also need to look into its storage management features, and its strong abilities in the field of sorting data. It uses a variety of features and processes to ensure that your data is where you need it, when you need it, and can be configured to archive anything from bills from o2.co.uk to client information, reducing the need for time spent on manual administrative processes.
If you work with servers and databases on a daily basis, it’s easy to feel frustrated with a system that doesn’t allow you to back up files quickly enough, or one that isn’t as independently capable of organizing data as you’d like it to be. If you want a faster, more efficient side to your business, IBM TSM is a fantastic tool to implement in the day-to-day running of your IT department.
One Response to 'Why Use IBM Tivoli Storage Manager?'
Leave a Reply
Eiad Al-Aqqad, VCDX#89
VMware Canada PSO
- Backup Solutions (3)
- Blades (2)
- IBM Blades (2)
- Data Migration (2)
- EMC (1)
- VPLEX (1)
- How to (1)
- Management Software (5)
- Problem resolutions (0)
- Storage (21)
- Tips & Tricks (7)
- Tivoli (22)
- Tutorials (11)
- VMware (6)
- Iwan: hi… I can not re-install smi-s agent on server windows 2003, I`ve been search the registry but still...
- sindhu: hello sir,i am doing my b.tech 3rd year (e.c.e) i am intrested in doing this tsm course .is this course will...
- CR7: Hi EIAD, I couldnt figure out where to post this doubt of mine, so im just posting it here.Please help out if...
- Errol: I’m using a clean install of windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with the latest build of Thinapp 5.1.0-2079447....
- arun: Is that tsm is growing and good field
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Should Virtual Tape Library have a place in your backup strategy?
- Tivoli TSM guide to securing VMware: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager & VMware Consiledated Backup (VCB) I hope these...
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: TSM
- Should Virtual Tape Library have a place in your backup strategy?
- Symantec Backup Exec StarWind Virtual Tape Library Integration
- Comparing Online Backup Services
- Veeam & PHD Virtual comparison
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager support for VADP
- StarWind is Named a Finalist in The Storage Awards 2012
- PHD Virtual Monitor Review
- vSphere manual Disaster Recovery failback when using VMware SRM
- Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN