If you have been trying to upgrade TSM 5 to TSM 6 & received the following error: “Format Completed with Return Code 499” Then follow the steps below, which I have got from IBM article to fix the problem. I have used these steps & they have worked for me & they should work for you too.
If this is not an upgrade & you started with a clean install, but you still got a missed up database then follow up the steps below & then follow up: “How do you remove a server instance without uninstalling the TSM server?” which will remove the corrupted instance & database & you will be ready for trying to initialize the instance again. Below is the how-to copied from IBM KB.
Upgrade wizard fails during Format of database
Upgrade Wizard for Tivoli Storage Manager from 5.X to 6.X fails with the following error:
Format Completed with Return Code 499
There are no additional error messages in the Upgrade wizard screen. The file Format.out does not get created.
The user id created for the Tivoli Storage Manager instance has not been added to the DB2ADMNS or DB2USERS group
Resolving the problem
Add the Tivoli Storage Manager instance user to the DB2ADMNS and DB2USERS GROUP by running the following on Windows command line:
net localgroup DB2ADMNS user_ID /add
net localgroup DB2USERS user_ID /add
Log off and log back on as the Tivoli Storage Manager instance user and run the upgrade wizard again.
Remember after completing the above steps to follow the article pointed to in the beginning of the article if this was a new clean install & not an upgrade.
5 Responses to 'Format Completed with Return Code 499'
Leave a Reply
Eiad Al-Aqqad, VCDX#89
VMware Canada PSO
- Backup Solutions (3)
- Blades (2)
- IBM Blades (2)
- Data Migration (2)
- EMC (1)
- VPLEX (1)
- How to (1)
- Management Software (5)
- Problem resolutions (0)
- Storage (19)
- Tips & Tricks (7)
- Tivoli (22)
- Tutorials (11)
- VMware (6)
- azhar: Really useful information Eiad THanks
- Mihai: thanks for the info Chip, very useful commands. starting from your example here we are another select: SELECT...
- MikeD: very helpful – but i hope we never need this precedure… thanks
- srinivas: Thanks for sharing such good article it is very useful to me. ch srinivas
- admin: How deeps is your pocket I guess ? Enjoy, Eiad
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: TSM
- How to Videos: Install IBM Systems Director 6 Common Agent on AIX | How to Install IBM Systems Director 6 Common...
- 8.3. Microsoft vShadow Transaction Consistent Database Cloning to a different server: Back to: IBM Tivoli Storage...
- Comparing Online Backup Services
- Veeam & PHD Virtual comparison
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager support for VADP
- StarWind is Named a Finalist in The Storage Awards 2012
- PHD Virtual Monitor Review
- vSphere manual Disaster Recovery failback when using VMware SRM
- Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN
- PHD Virtual Backup and Replication for VMware vSphere Review
- VMware ThinAPP Antivirus Best Practices