Tivoli FlashCopy Manager offers as great amount of options when it comes to restore as it has for backup. This section will cover the most used ones. The type of features & destination types available will be limited if you don’t have TSM integration. The features & destinations which is only available with TSM integration will be pointed as they are covered.
1- To start the IBM Tivoli FlashCopy Manager in a stand alone server all you have to do is to click on the IBM Tivoli FlashCopy Manager on the desktop or your program files menu. If you are running in a clustered environment, then you would want to to ensure you start your FCM with the /sqlserver parameters. An example of the command to run the FCM GUI in a clustered environment with an SQL Cluster name sqlsrvpoc is:
C:\Program Files\Tivoli\FlashCopyManager\flashcopymanager.msc /sqlserver=sqlsrvpoc
2- Lunch the Backup & Restore GUI as shown in the image below:
3- From Restore Database tab you can choose the backup you want to restore & hit restore. The restore operation should finish in a manner of seconds, and your database should be operational after that. A background copy will proceed for a longer time, but that will not affect your database operations.
4- If you have integrated your IBM Tivoli FlashCopy manager with TSM & took a VSS backup followed by log backups, you will have the option to restore to a point of time backup.
5- If you have TSM integration you will have a restore into & relocate functionality to restore a database with a different name or to a different location as showing in the images below:
6- The restore sets/Group/Files tab that is normally available with TDP as well is available in IBM Tivoli FlashCopy manager if integrated with TSM.
7- Just as all the backup options can be called from command lines, the same is true for restore. To find out more about IBM Tivoli FlashCopy restore command syntax run the following command:
“C:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\TDPSql\tdpsqlc.exe” restore help
Leave a Reply
Eiad Al-Aqqad, VCDX#89
VMware Canada PSO
- Backup Solutions (3)
- Blades (2)
- IBM Blades (2)
- Data Migration (2)
- EMC (1)
- VPLEX (1)
- How to (1)
- Management Software (5)
- Problem resolutions (0)
- Storage (21)
- Tips & Tricks (7)
- Tivoli (22)
- Tutorials (11)
- VMware (6)
- Iwan: hi… I can not re-install smi-s agent on server windows 2003, I`ve been search the registry but still...
- sindhu: hello sir,i am doing my b.tech 3rd year (e.c.e) i am intrested in doing this tsm course .is this course will...
- CR7: Hi EIAD, I couldnt figure out where to post this doubt of mine, so im just posting it here.Please help out if...
- Errol: I’m using a clean install of windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with the latest build of Thinapp 5.1.0-2079447....
- arun: Is that tsm is growing and good field
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Should Virtual Tape Library have a place in your backup strategy?
- Tivoli TSM guide to securing VMware: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager & VMware Consiledated Backup (VCB) I hope these...
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: TSM
- Should Virtual Tape Library have a place in your backup strategy?
- Symantec Backup Exec StarWind Virtual Tape Library Integration
- Comparing Online Backup Services
- Veeam & PHD Virtual comparison
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager support for VADP
- StarWind is Named a Finalist in The Storage Awards 2012
- PHD Virtual Monitor Review
- vSphere manual Disaster Recovery failback when using VMware SRM
- Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN