My colleague has been facing a problem installing Windows 2003 R2 SP1 as boot from SAN on IBM HS22 connected to IBM Storage DS4700 for over 2 days. The new HS22 is using the Qloigc QMI2572 with IBM Part#46m6067. Windows was accepting the driver, but when ever it try to start setting up windows the following error used to popup:
The file ql2300.sys is corrupted. press any key to continue.
Please see the image below illustrating the error message.
After Joining my colleuge on site & checking out the issue, I have done an extensive google search for over an hour with no luck. Actually it seems that many others are facing the same problem & posted it on forums with no luck or answer, actually that what encouraged me to share this on my blog hoping to save other the same pain.
After going through the HS22 Qlogic Driver Readme file which can be found at: IBM HS22 QMI2572 Qlogic Driver Readme file I had found the below paragraph:
NOTE: You must apply the Microsoft Storport update before installing or upgrading the driver. Windows Server 2003 SP2 (or later) requires Microsoft fixes KB932755 and KB939315 (or later). Windows Server 2003 SP1 requires Microsoft fixes KB932755 and KB939315 (or later). For Boot from SAN installation, use the Windows 2003 SP2 first, then apply the KB update.
If you read the line I had marked in red above you will easily figure out that you will require a Windows 2003 SP2 installation CD to be able to install the driver for the HS22 when booting from SAN using the Qlogic QMI2572. After we had created a windows 2003 SP2 installation CD the installation went smoothly. The driver we had used during the installation phase can be found at: Qlogic QMI2572 boot from SAN Driver, you will have to do download “Windows STORPORT 32 bit SAN Boot Driver” for Windows 2003 32-bit & you will have to download “Windows STORPORT 64 bit SAN Boot Driver” for Windows 2003 64-bit.
After completing the installation you will need to install the following Microsoft hotfixes: KB932755 and KB939315 (or later).
If you do not want to install all the drivers on your own, you could use the new HS22 Server guide, but you still must use a windows 2003 CD which include SP2.
I hope this give you a smooth run with the installation of your new HS22. Please be kind enough to provide me with feedback about my installation method. Did it work out for you? Did you have any problem with it? Please share with me your success story in the comments below.
7 Responses to 'HS22 Qlogic QMI2572 Qlogic 2300.sys file is corrupted'
Leave a Reply
Eiad Al-Aqqad, VCDX#89
VMware Canada PSO
- Backup Solutions (3)
- Blades (2)
- IBM Blades (2)
- Data Migration (2)
- EMC (1)
- VPLEX (1)
- How to (1)
- Management Software (5)
- Problem resolutions (0)
- Storage (21)
- Tips & Tricks (7)
- Tivoli (22)
- Tutorials (11)
- VMware (6)
- Iwan: hi… I can not re-install smi-s agent on server windows 2003, I`ve been search the registry but still...
- sindhu: hello sir,i am doing my b.tech 3rd year (e.c.e) i am intrested in doing this tsm course .is this course will...
- CR7: Hi EIAD, I couldnt figure out where to post this doubt of mine, so im just posting it here.Please help out if...
- Errol: I’m using a clean install of windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with the latest build of Thinapp 5.1.0-2079447....
- arun: Is that tsm is growing and good field
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Should Virtual Tape Library have a place in your backup strategy?
- Tivoli TSM guide to securing VMware: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager & VMware Consiledated Backup (VCB) I hope these...
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN
- TSM – IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Guru Blog: TSM
- Should Virtual Tape Library have a place in your backup strategy?
- Symantec Backup Exec StarWind Virtual Tape Library Integration
- Comparing Online Backup Services
- Veeam & PHD Virtual comparison
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager support for VADP
- StarWind is Named a Finalist in The Storage Awards 2012
- PHD Virtual Monitor Review
- vSphere manual Disaster Recovery failback when using VMware SRM
- Migrating Exchange 2007/2003 Cluster to a new SAN
- Microsoft SQL Cluster Data Migration to a new SAN